(NPS) COST-SHARE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Note: You MUST have an approved application before proceeding with practice to be eligible for any payment. Project MUST also be in within the boundaries of Shawnee county.Contact us for program rules.
NPS - Non-Point Source Pollution. What is It?
Failing Septic Systems
- Maximum cost-share limit of $2,000.00 per system to bring it up to State standards.
Livestock Waste Systems
- A cost-share rate of 70% of the county average cost up to $10,000.00 for installing new livestock ponds, water tanks, earthwork, pipe, seeding and fencing.
Example livestock system.
Plugging Abandoned Wells
- A cost-share rate of 70% of the county average cost up to $1,000.00 to fill and properly cap an unused water well.
- A cost-share rate of 70% of the county average cost up to $5,000.00 for applying planned earthwork, pipe, seeding, tree planting, tree revetment and fencing practices.
- Under this program, soil samples are taken to the Shawnee County Extension Service where they are forwarded to the KSU processing lab for analysis. A routine test and one for organic matter are free. Information on testing
cropland, pastures || lawns, gardens.
Un-permitted Dumping Site Remediation
- A cost-share rate of 70% of the county average cost up to $2,500.00 for clean-up, earthwork, and seeding.